When planning a corporate trip to Paris, you’ll likely want to add some time in for those in attendance to really experience the place they’re in. With a day being cleared for activities, you may want to plan some excursions to make sure everyone has a chance to see and do something different. These can vary greatly, and as a French DMC, we have some advice on day trips and activities for you to choose from.
A Trip Close to Paris
Having excursions that allow your group to still spend the evening in the fabulous city can be the best way to get the best of both worlds. Here’s our top picks for excursions close to Paris.
- Giverny – This give people the chance to explore Monet’s house and gardens – where the famous Water Lily paintings were inspired. Giverny is only an option if you’re coming to Paris during the warmer months as the gardens close in October for the winter season, but it’s definitely great if it’s opening months line up with your schedule.
- Versailles – A world famous town, chateau, and garden, Versailles is definitely a great option for your groups trip. It’s just a quick ride on the RER from the center of Paris so easy to get back in time for an evening in Paris.
- Castles – Obviously Versailles is a famous castle that’s worth a visit, but there are some other spots you may not have thought of. For example, Fontainebleau, Vaux le Vicomte, or Chantilly are beautiful castles not far from the city so great for your group to visit.
A Full Day Further Away from Paris
Some people in your group may have already been to Paris and have an interest in exploring the regions a little further out. That’s also very do-able during a day trip and as a French DMC, we think we’ve got the top spots for you to choose from.
- Mont-Saint-Michel – The stunning chateau located just off the beaches of Normandy takes a little longer to get to, so it’ll definitely take at least a whole day to visit and explore the castle and its views.
- Normandy Beaches – Visiting Normandy can give you a chance to see the D-Day beaches and to explore a number of WWII museums – it’s a great way to learn about the history of this infamous area.
- Champagne Region – The region, only an a little over an hour away from Paris, is a great spot for you to spend time in a smaller French town, as well as see the famous houses where the luxury drink is produced.
- Loire Valley – Another great spot for a day trip is the wine region of France, for a chance to see and taste the drinks in the famous region itself.
Some people on your corporate trip may be looking for a more thrill-seeking day trip and for that, we have the perfect spots!
- Park Astérix – The famous amusement park is a great spot for those looking for a little more of an adrenaline-fueled day to go on rides, play games, and even see shows.
- Disneyland – A list of day trips from Paris would be incomplete without mentioning the famous park at least once. Disneyland Paris is a short distance from the city and a great experience for travelers from all over the world.
Staying in Paris
Coming to Paris on a corporate trip means a big part of your group might want to stay in the city and experience it to the fullest extent, and we get that! That’s why we have come up with a list of potential excursions that take place right in the city itself.
- Organized City Tour – This can give you the chance to see all of Paris’s famous landmarks and to learn the city’s history, culture, and really make the most of it.
- Cooking Class – A cooking class can not only be a great cultural experience but also a great chance to try something new and maybe go home with a new recipe for your repertoire! This activity can also be a great bonding experience for the group who choose to participate.
- Wine Tasting – What better place to have wine that in the middle of Paris. This is a great way to have fun in the city, and usually these experiences only take about half a day, so those who participate will also have the rest of the day free to explore the city.
- Shopping Trip – As one of the four biggest fashion capitals of the world, some people may want to have a chance to see the famous shopping districts and buy things to take home.
These are just some of our day excursion recommendations! If you want help from a French DMC in the organization of your trip, just click here!