If you’re visiting Paris with a group of students, what to eat is just as important as what to see, and we get that! That’s why we have created a list of must try foods in Paris, especially for you and your student group.
Paris is a city known globally for its museums, attractions, and for its food! If you’re visiting with your student group, we really recommend you think about what foods you want to try before you arrive, so you can be sure you won’t miss out on anything! We’ve come up with a list of our must try foods in Paris to help you plan!
- Croissant -Weather it’s a plain, chocolate, or raisin croissant, you must have at least one (or more!) during your visit to Paris. If you go out to breakfast, consider ordering the French breakfast – usually consisting of a chocolate and plain croissant, a hot drink, and a juice!
- Baguette – So, this may not be exclusively a breakfast food – you can have it any time of the day! But weather its morning afternoon or night, it’ll still be a delicious way to experience French food. We recommend buying a fresh baguette from a local Boulangerie, which you’ll definitely see during your explorations.
- Crepes – You’ve likely already thought about Paris crepes before even arriving. Be sure to stop by at least one of the famous crepes stands and try either a savory or sweet crepe with your group.
- Steak Frites – One of the most famous meals Paris has to offer – steak and fries! What’s not to love? Definitely give this meal a try during your school trip.
- French Onion Soup – Served with a coating of cheese – which the French are also famous for – this is definitely a must have.
- Croque Monsieur (or Madame!) – What’s not to love about a baked or fried ham and cheese sandwich? Definitely order a Croque Monsieur at least once, and if you’re wanting to add a little something, try a Croque Madame to get the ham and cheese deliciousness topped off with a fried egg. For any vegetarians reading this, many menu’s will also give you the option of a veggie croque; usually with cheese and tomato which should not go amiss.
- Quiche – With a huge variety of fillings, quiche should absolutely be on your list of must try foods in Paris. We recommend any variation that suits your taste buds.
- Macarons – As one of the most famous French desserts in the world, it would be a mistake to leave Paris without trying them. Take your pick from one of the many famous Macaron stores across the city – or even try a local boulangerie if they have them.
- Éclair’s – This pastry, chocolate, and cream combo has to make it onto your list of must have’s in Paris. Make sure you have one while you’re in the famous city.
- Lemon Tarte – If you go into any boulangerie in Paris, you’ll likely notice their personal sized lemon tarte’s, and you should definitely have at least one while visiting.
- Crème Brulée – You may find you need to go to a restaurant for one of these tasty treats, but if you do see it on a menu, we would definitely recommend ordering.
One More Thing…
No list of must try foods in Paris would be complete without mentioning cheese! From Brie to gouda to goat’s cheese to blue cheese, Paris has it all. There are shops all over that exclusively sell the stuff! Or you can sit in a restaurant and order a plate of cheese for sharing! However you decide to do it – you have to have some of Paris’s famous cheese before you leave.
We hope you’ve found this list of must try food in Paris helpful for the planning of your trip! For more help with your group trip, click here.